The Wedding I Never Reached

By, Rabbia Arshad
I was running blindly
in the forest. The only thought on my mind was to get as far away as possible. I
had to lose my chasers, I knew if I got caught I would be in a lot of trouble. Mentally
and physically.
If only I hadn’t took the shortcut, the
shortcut I thought would save my time but turned out it to be in the middle of
nowhere. I was never a fan of trying new things but this was my sister’s
wedding and when I had left the work this morning I thought I would make it on
time. But the dress shop didn’t had my dress ready till then and I had to wait
an hour before I was finally on my way. She lived in the next town and it was
my baby sister I had to be there before everyone arrived.
Since I was already
late an hour I decided to take the shortcut I had heard of. I had taken a left
turn from the highway a few of miles back. The shortcut road was thin and a
little bit uneven. Half of the road was under construction but it seemed that
day the workers had taken an early leave. I was almost six miles away from the highway
when my car broke down. I got out and tried to look for the problem but I never
had been interested in the mechanics of a car so obviously I couldn't figure
out the problem. I looked at the screen of my phone which indicated ‘no signals’.
It must have been that broken mirror this morning that have brought bad luck to
me today, I thought to myself. Sighing I looked for any other passing car,
unfortunately it was only me on whole road, as far as I could see.
As I had never been on
this road before I dismissed the idea of going ahead, I locked my car and left
to walk towards the highway, I had taken my dress for the wedding and starting
jogging towards the highway, thanking my regular jogging routine. I must have
crossed a couple of mile when I saw a car coming from highway side, thanking
heavens I came to stand on the side of the road, I hurriedly starting waving my
hands, my dress to catch the attention of the passengers of the car. It was one
of the happiest moment of my life when I saw the flicking its headlights to
signal me that they had seen me. It was almost a half mile away I saw the
passengers of car. They were men. Big, tattooed, pierced skin men. The happiness
of mine was gone, overcame by the fear. When I saw them laughing meanly, I felt
a chill down my spine. I spun around and started sprinting, I considered sprinting
along the road a bad idea, I turned right and I there were woods, I started
running in them. I had no idea where I was, I didn't know where I was going. I could
hear the mean ugly men shouting, talking to each other, laughing. There were four
of them I think. I started running in zig zag, I had read it was best way to
loose people who were following you. I had taken karv manga classes but in
front of those men I was nothing.
Along the way I left my
dress somewhere I had no idea. It must have been torn to shreds and those men
might have found it too. Their voices seemed to be at distance now. The only
thought on my mind was to lose them. I just ran and ran , I was completely
lost.
Comments
Post a Comment